Chelles: a smoke bomb causes a fire to start and the evacuation of the Jehan de Chelles high school


A smoke bomb almost caused a disaster. More fear than harm but a fire broke out this Friday afternoon at the Jehan de Chelles high school in Chelles (Seine-et-Marne). The 150 students of the establishment as well as the staff were evacuated. If no injuries are to be deplored, the courses have been canceled. They will resume this Monday, January 30. An investigation is underway to identify those responsible.

Two days before, an episode of this type of lesser magnitude had already occurred. A smoke bomb had been lit by students within the establishment but without causing any damage. This Friday around 4 p.m., the police were called for a fire to start in a cardboard storage area. Luckily, the fire door in this high school room was able to contain the flames. But the latter was slightly damaged.


Smoke residue found at the scene

The intervention of the police was quick. The damage is minimal. But a smoke residue was found in the middle of the charred boxes. In September 2022, the students of the Gaston Bachelard high school also had fun with smoke bombs within the premises of the establishment. An impressive video showing the bursts of fireworks has been circulating on social media. “Content of this type is disseminated on social networks. The students reproduce them, ”laments a police officer. As a reminder, those responsible for a fire incur a prison sentence according to the Penal Code.

Source link


Scroll to Top